The Weekly Round-Up: Feb 8


Well, preparations continue for the Kingston Championship. Still down to 6 models left, with a little under 2 weeks to go. Good progress is being made, and I expect to have a few done by this coming weekend. I'm also very excited still, and looking forwards to, using my new Necron codex in this up coming tournament!



To start with, there are still 4 Necron Warriors, 1 Overlord, and 1 Stalker still being painted for this 2,000 pts army. I've finished the first dark red coat on all six models and now I'm moving on to the next phase for each group. For the Warriors, this is the first of 2 coats of bright red. For the Stalker, its second coat of dark red and the first bright red. The Overlord is far ahead of this, as I'm already doing his detail work. He might even be done early in the week. I'm hoping to have the warriors and the Overlord done by the next weekly round-up post. Then it will all be about getting the Stalker done.


As for my list, it's already in and it should be a doozy. Since I don't own any Tomb Blades or Spyders, I can't run the new Decurion detachment or the Canoptek Harvest formations which are the two big power houses in this codex. Therefor, I'm running a standard CAD (Combined Arms Detachment) with the White Dwarf Resurgence Decurion formation. Here's the full list I'll be bringing;

Primary Detachment:
Necrons: Codex (2015) (Combined Arms Detachment) Selections:



+ HQ + 
* Necron Overlord (Warlord Trait: Hyperlogical Strategist)
War-gear: Phase Shifter , Warscythe , Gauntlet of fire , The Nightmare Shroud

* Anrakyr the Traveller
War-gear: Tachyon Arrow, Warscythe

+ Elites +
* Triarch Stalker Squadron
     -Triarch Stalker: Heat Ray
     -Triarch Stalker: Twin-Linked Heavy Gauss Cannon

+ Troops + 
*10x Necron Warrior
     -Night Scythe

* 10x Necron Warrior
     -Night Scythe

+ Fast Attack + 
* 3x Canoptek Wraith
War-gear: 3x Whip Coils

* Necron Destroyers Squad
     - Heavy Destroyer
     - 2x Necron Destroyer

+ Formation +
Mephrit Dynasty Resurgence Decurion (WD Issue 47)



* 5x Necron Immortal
War-gear: 5x Tesla Carbine

* 5x Necron Immortal
War-gear: 5x Gauss Blaster

Necron Monolith

* 10x Necron Warrior

* 10x Necron Warrior



My goal it to keep the Stalkers with the formation to boost everyone to BS5. The formation should be pretty durable with the Monolith having "It Will Not Die" thanks to it's living metal rule allowing it to heal on the go while at the same time healing the 4 squads that are part of it's formation. Each of the Lords will join a Warrior squad in a Night Scythe and grab objectives while the Destroyers and Wraiths just run wild, drawing fire from the bulk of the army. Of course, the scenarios for the tournament are not traditional ones at all, so hopefully I'll have enough of what ever to meet the requirements to win the game. I know there are missions with low visibility, killing Titans, and taking objectives. The Necrons seem to have come out into 7th edition with a rather power codex, so I'm pretty hopeful about their success.

Czar Ziggy

Comments