The Weekly Round-UP: Apr 12

Hey everyone! I did much better this week finding time to get some painting done! I even finished a model too! Also, my house hunt is over, as I signed on a place this morning, so now, the packing begins! That means things are going to be a little sparse over the next few weeks as I'll be moving in early May. There may be a little hiccup in updates as well as I might have to wait for the internet to be set up at my new place. Hopefully, I won't have to move again for several years! For those that follow my thread over at Advanced Tau Tactica, you'll know I move almost every year. So fingers crossed I won't after this for some time!



Any ways, progress for this week was great! I finished painting my first Venomthrope, and I can't begin to say how much I love these new kits! It looks fantastic and I'm looking forwards to starting the next one after the move. And keeping with my Tyranid progress, I'm almost done the black ink phase for my Maleceptor, and just started the same phase for my Carnifex. I want them to be done (or mostly done) by the time I have to tear down my work bench.


On the Imperial side of things, I'm making some good progress with my Valkyrie. I've just finished the first coat of bolt gun metal (leadbelcher). One more coat and then a quick black ink wash. After that, I can start the detail work. I'm also getting closer to completing the heavy weapons team. Just a few details left to do and then they'll be done. Also, some good progress on the first Taurox Prime this week. I've pretty much finished the inside, with just the pilot left to do. Once he's done, I can assemble the walls and start on the rest of the vehicle. And I've got a little more done on both the Tempestor Prime and the Standard Bearer.


And finally, put my Space Marine Biker on a base. Just a little more detail work, and then he'll be done as well!

Also, because of my move, I won't be able to participate in the Highlander tournament in Kingston in May, which is unfortunate. I'll have to catch the next one if I can. But it gives me more time to paint! I just need to buckle down and get through all the stuff I have because with the new Skitarii coming out now, I kinda want to get some of them as well! And if the rumors are true, there may be new Tau kits in the works for later this year, so I want to be able to get them when they come out.

Czar Ziggy

Comments