The Weekly Round-Up: Feb 28


Hey Everyone! So after the tournament, I'm back to my regular speed in the painting queue. As I said last week, I've decided that I'm going back to Necrons for the Championship next year. So this time around, I've already put together a list that I will aim to complete for next year. The nice thing about this list, I only need one more model that I don't own yet, which is a Canoptek Spyder to complete a Canoptek Harvest formation. My goal is to run a Necron Decurrion with it's core formation (Reclamation legion), as well as 3 auxiliary formations (Judicator Battalion, Destroyer Cult, and Canoptek Harvest). I believe that will cover what I felt I needed most for the tournament. I'll probably adjust the list if any new publications or F.A.Q's come out, but I'm pretty set on the list. I'm also now working on the models I already have that need to be completed for this list, which are my 5 new Praetorians, and my 6 new Destroyers. So let's get into the updates!




First up, I'll start with the Necrons. I've just finished my first Praetorian from the new squad, and the others are in various stages from base coat to light red coat. I've also assembled and base coated my first of 6 Destroyers. I'm hoping as I complete these new squads, I'll get them onto the field and practice through out the year to be better prepared for the tournament next year.


Next, the Guard. I'm now half way done the new Chimera turret. I also assembled the main hull yesterday and I'm now base coating it. No rush to get him done at the moment, but this is my last Guard kit to do.


Then the Tyranids. I've stated working on the next batch of 4 Guants. These guys have been base coated and I've done 2 layers of black ink so far. I still have 4 more after them, and that marks the end of the Tyranid kits I have to do.


And Finally, the Tau. I'm still working on the last of the Pathfinders from the Burning Dawn box set. I've now completed the armor on all of them, and they're ready for the fatigues to be painted. Four of them will be part of a new squad together, while the other 2 will be team leaders for my special weapons teams of Pathfinders, one for an Ion rifle team, the other for my Rail rifle team. After that, I'll have some drones, a Piranha, and a Stealth suit team to complete.

So that's where I'm at this week. I'm not in any rush to complete anything, so I'm expecting progress to be slow for the next bit unless I'm fired up one day for painting. At this point, I'm still planing out how to expand each of the armies, and I have some things in mind. But that's it for this week.

Until next week!

Czar Ziggy

Comments