The Weekly Round-Up: May 15


Hey Everyone! I'm starting to think the month of May is my big hobby month! Although you will be pretty surprised that this time it's not about Warhammer 40K! This week was a very busy week. The weekend was all about my fiancee and I's Buck and Doe for our coming wedding this summer, and it was also a very awesome week for my other interest, Star Trek! I scratched another item off my bucket list this week and it was a lot of fun! So let's get into the Round-Up!




So to start, the little bit of 40k I have for this week. The only thing I was able to find time to do this week was assemble my new Tomb Spyder. Other than that, nothing else was done. I barely sat at my desk this week. I will probably be more back on track with some progress next week. That also includes the Battle Report that is coming, but like 40k in general this week, I was just too busy to sit down and do any write up work just yet.


This week was the build up to our Buck and Doe however. It was quite the event! For those who do not know, a Buck and Doe (or Stag and Doe) is a fundraising event held by a couple and their family to fund raise money for their coming wedding. Ours was like a mini carnival with games and prizes. It was a lot of fun! We did really well and to top it off, I took a pie to the face for our last event which was an auction to save the bride or groom, (and I lost...).



The other big event as well this week was that I was able to attend the opening gala for the new Starfleet Academy exhibit at the Ottawa Air and Space Museum. At this event, which we had VIP tickets for, I was able to get a behind the scenes look at the new exhibit before it opened and also meet some actors from the various Star Trek films and movies. This included none other that William Shatner himself! It was a very exciting night and a really memorable one, which I was able to share with my fiancee and my parents who are also pretty big Star Trek Fans.

So next week, I should have more going on with 40k again. And I should have that battle report up as well! Until next week!

Czar Ziggy

Comments