The Weekly Round-Up: July 03


Hey Everyone! Some exciting news on the blog this week! This weekend, I finally made a purchase that I've needed to do for quite some time. I went out and bought some actual terrain pieces so that I can now have some scenic shots and play games with people here, and move on form using stacks of books, potted plants and what ever else I have laying around the house as terrain! I've also completed five models this week and, (Not counting my new terrain,) I'm down to my last three models before I've completed my back log! So close, and with three weeks until my wedding! Also, this will be probably the only blog post for July as I will be out of town or participating in wedding events for every other weekend after this one. I will try and do any updates if I have the time, but most likely not until after I get married on July 23rd! So let's get into the Round-Up!




First up, Forces of the Imperium. So I completed all five of the new Guardsmen this week. I'm now out of Guard again, so I'll have to pick some more up when I can. I'm looking to get more troops and transports for now. As for the Space Marines, I've finished the green on the Rhino and I'm moving on to the other colors. I've almost done all the metal bits and I started doing the window lenses. As for the Librarian, I've also finished the green and the orange cloth as well. So now I'm doing the other detail colors and getting the base done as well.


Next, Tau. I've got about one or two more coats of black ink to do, then it will be on to the detail work. I've also started working on the base.


Finally, Terrain! So I'm pretty excited about this. It's been on my list to do for ever, and I finally got motivated to go out and get some actually terrain I can use in games! So I went out and bought a factory and office building set. I meshed the two kits together, sort of, and came up with two buildings. I don't anticipate these getting painted super fast, but I also plan on doing a simple grey/metal color scheme to speed things up and keep with the game's general aesthetic for Imperial building colors.

But that's all I've got for this week. If I don't get a chance to put up another blog post before the month is out, I'll see you all again, happily married, in August!

Czar Ziggy

Comments