From the Work Bench: July 11, 2022

 


Hey everyone!

Time for a little update on my hobby going-ons. I'm still plugging away at my on going projects. I was able to finish up a project about a week ago and noticed while tracking my hobby progress that it had been almost 2 months since I last completed something. I've been a little slower this year at working through my backlog, partly from hobby burnout, and partly from adjusting to a new work-life style with my new job. But my desire to paint seems to be back so I'm making some good progress now. Here's what's been on the bench!

First up, my finished squad of Craftworld Rangers. I love sniper units, and these new kits are so cool. Lots of new approaches to  doing leather cloaks for me as well. I'm also trying to do more detail work now on faces. Since I'm trying to closely model my color scheme for this army after the Protoss in Starcraft, I've been trying to make the skin a pale purple with the glowing psionic eyes. I'm pretty happy with how this technique is going so far.



The other Craftworld unit I'm now working on is the new Shroud Runners. It's basically more sniper rangers but on jet bikes. Not a lot of conversion work on these guys. Mostly some head swaps to personalize their look.



I've also added a Genestealer Cult Jackal Alphus to the work bench. No conversions, just built as the base model.


I've made more progress on my Ork Beastboss on Squigosaur. I tried something new for the base as I wanted a water scene. Using model railway scenic glue, I covered the areas I wanted to be water with and then did some glaze work over top to make it look like sludgy water. I think the effect has come off pretty nice. I still have some more detail work to do, but he's coming along very nicely now and should be done in short order.



And finally, my D&D characters. I'm pretty much done with them now. Just some minor details to complete to finish them off. On the left is Gealyn from the Tammeraut's Fate campaign, on the right is Tidal, my new character for our groups upcoming campaign "Styx and Stones"



So that's the progress I've made over the last few weeks. I feel I'll be getting more done now as I'm moving back into having more enthusiasm for painting.

Until next time!

Comments