The Weekly Round-Up: June 7


Hey everyone! Sorry there was no update last week. I was out of town visiting family and didn't get a chance to do up a post. This week I'm going to get everyone caught up on what I've been doing since my last post from before the move. I've only really gotten back into painting this week, so most of my progress was in the last bit before I moved, and this week.




So I'll start with my Tyranids. I'm getting a lot done with them! This week I finished off the Maleceptor, getting him based and now he's sitting with the rest of the swarm. I can't wait to get him out for a game. Also, my first of two Carnifexes is almost done. I just have to do a second coat of the copper/bronze onto him, and some minor touch ups. Then another coat of green on the base, as well as the sand and he'll be done. Lastly, the new Venomthrope. One of the first guys I started building once I set up shop in my new place. I'm a little more than half way done with him. Once the green whip lashes are done, then it will be onto the copper and some minor detail work to finish him up.


Next, the Imperial Guard. I'm making good progress on my first Leman Russ. The turret is essentially done, with only some really minor detail work to do. The main hull is almost done it's last coat of yellow before I ink it. Aside from that, the dozer blade is done and I just have to start doing the weapons. I've also managed to get two infantry men done, with another two more on the go and another Scion. And I've just started putting together the wheels and struts for the Scions' Taurox.


And lastly, I've started working on my first of three Necron Tomb Blades. It's the only thing I was missing to run a Ducurrion detachment for Necrons. I'm learning quickly that the next two will be done by sub assembly as I'm finding progress slow with this guy. Add on top of that that it's a new kit for me, so I'm still trying to fully decide the full extent of what detail work I'm going to be doing on him.


Also, I mentioned this in my last post, but I wanted to get a shot of him up here. I now have a full Stunticon Team to make a complete Menasor. I'm not expecting the next wave, the Protectobots, until the fall, so I've got some time to soak up some funds to get those guys.

Anyways, until next week!

Czar Ziggy

Comments