The Weekly Round-Up: Sept 27


Hey Everyone! So I was out of town most of this past week. I did get some painting done, but most of that was done yesterday and today. As you can tell from the previous post, I was able to play a game with my friend who is back now from tree planting this past summer. Also, very exciting, while visiting and gaming, I was able to pick up a copy of the rule book for Drop Zone Commander! It's a game that I've been thinking of starting, and I just took my first step this past week!




So starting off this week, I was able to finish my Cadre Fireblade! He is now based and off the board! I've also now moved onto the detail work for my last Broadside. I spent some time today cleaning up the black joint sections before starting the gold details. Also, I've now finished the orange lines on the Enclaves Crisis suit, so now I can start doing the yellow highlights.


Next, my Tyranids have made some good progress. I've now finished the blue inking for the spore pod. Now I'm in the process of doing the light blue trim before I move onto the main body. Also, I'm almost done the last of the first batch of Termagants. Just the minor color work to do and then I can start the next 4!


Then, my Imperial forces. I finished the Las-Cannon Devastator squad member and now I've moved onto the 4th member of the squad, the Grav-Cannon squad member! Also, onto the metal stage with my two guardsmen. They're about 50% done now.


Finally, my Necrons. I've continued the metal phases on both the Tomb Blade and the Ghost Ark. I'm almost done the first coat on each, so maybe by next week I'll be onto the detail work for the Tomb blade and the second coat for the Ghost Ark.


So, for Drop Zone Commander, I have been debating starting it up for the past year now but I have been waiting for it to be physically sold in a store around me. Finally I have found it a the friendly gaming store in Kingston, the Gaming Nexus! This is where I usually play my games, and where I was for the game I played this past week. Unfortunately my friend grabbed the starter force I wanted, the P.H.R (Post Human Republic), so I just grabbed a copy of the rules to start learning (much to the relief of my fiance).

So that's all for this week. Enjoy the battle report!

Czar Ziggy

Comments