The Weekly Round-Up: Feb 21


Hey Everyone! So, I just got back from the Kingston Championship, and what a weekend! My first observation is that I was not prepared for the amount of Space Marine armies that I faced. However, the games were a lot of fun and I learned a lot about my new units. I played a bunch of scenarios that I hadn't played before and a few old ones that had been updated since I first played them. There were a ton of great armies there and I took a bunch of pictures of the event. It's hard to believe that this was their 5th anniversary of doing the Championship! So let's get into the recap!




So my performance was pretty typical of my tournament goings. I lost 4 games, tied 1 and won 1. I won't know my final standings until they post the results later this week, but I think it's safe to say I won't be in the top half this year. As I said before, I wasn't expecting to be facing so many marines. Most years I end up being against Eldar or most other non-Marine factions. There were also a few elements of my army that I needed to work on. Stripping cover saves is one. Two of the matches I played against Dark Angel Space Marines and they kept getting these 2+ rerollable cover saves. It was the worst on my first match where we were in a sandstorm and I could only hit on 6's, only to have him save against everything!


By the end of the first day, I had decided that next year I will be going back with Necrons. I went with Tau this year to get and use the new codex units, and it was fun. Plus, I didn't have enough of the Necron units I needed to be able to field a decent list. I've now fixed that as I've gotten the last box of Destroyers I need to run the Destroyer cult formation, and I'm already working on the last squad of Praetorians I need for their formation. So my goal this year is to get them completed to be ready for next year's tournament!


I will probably go on more about the tournament later, but for now it's bed time! Until next week! And some more photos of the tournament!


Czar Ziggy

Comments