From the Work Bench: November 4, 2023

 


Hey Everyone! Thought I would put a little update out there as there haven't been any painting updates in a while! I'm also still working on the next Styx & Stones story post, but it has been a busy period at work and home, so I haven't had much time to do any blog writing. I have found some time today to get more gallery pages setup and posted, so you will find three new factions now link in the Galleries page.

So to start with some painting updates, I have been working on the 10th edition release set. I have completed completed a few units from the box. I've mainly focused on the Tyranid units I needed to run the combat patrol from the box, as well as some of the characters.

First up is my new Terminator Captain for my Emperor's Dragoons. It did a little head swap to make this my updated version of my old Captain from the black reach box set how's been acting as my 1st Company Captain.


Next, I've finished painting the new Tyranid units I need to complete the Combat Patrol. This includes the new Winged Tyranid Prime, Von Ryan's Leapers, Barbgaunts, and the Psychophage. And as a bonus, I've finished the Screamer Killer and one of the new Lictors.







As for WIP projects, I've got a few different one's on the go. I've still have more Tyranids and Space Marines from the Leviathan set, plus a few Votann that I've picked up.






That's all the painting updates for now.

For the Galleries update, there are now a few new albums available. I've now added Drukari, Genestealer Cults, Votann, and the D&D characters albums. I've also added the Alpha Legion album since my last galleries update. The remaining forces from 40k all amongst some of my largest collections, so will take some dedicated time to catalog and get up.

As for updates on my D&D stories, We concluded our Styx & Stones campaign back in May. It was 23 session altogether so I've got some ways to go to finish the story (the next post is the last half of session 8). We've now started our 4th campaign set in the same world of Astoria and recently completed our second session. I'm hoping to do a write up of this one as well, but I'm going to have to start motoring through Styx & Stones to catch up.

Until next time!


Comments