Off the critical success of their previous mission, the Red Snakes are deployed to yet another facility. But what awaits them there and will they be able to complete the mission before they lose anyone?
Mission Briefing
Location: Monash VI - Research Facility K-342
Threat Level: High (Priority Level 6)
Assigned Assets: Red Snakes Squad Cali, Fire Team Osiris, Colonial Militia Squad Muskrat, Weapons Support, Grenades
Objectives: Patrol, Hack Terminal, Activate Beacon
Overview: Previous operation at K-342 resulted in full loss of assigned assets. Strangle Worm infestation identified. New assets are to patrol facility, hack terminal to retrieve mission sensitive data and activate orbital beacon before calling for evac.
After Action Reports
Sergeant Dinesh Cali
I can see why this was assigned to the Red Snakes. I'm flattered that Command has offered me a commendation, but I was just doing my job.
The facility was like a block of Swiss cheese when we arrived. Those worms had tunneled through every surface and destroyed most of the technical equipment. I feel it was the right call to have Osiris back up Mallika and Timothea. I tasked Mallika with team two and the technical aspect of the mission and she delivered, despite the damaged equipment. But every step of the way was bogged down by those worms. They kept pouring out of the ducts, the floors, the walls. It was truly the stuff of nightmares.
I'm also pleased that some extra time at the firing range has benefited Timothea. He was able to keep pace with Osiris this time.
Otherwise this operation went by the book. We split the group in half so we could efficiently hit our mission parameters and rendezvous for pick up. I took the colonials and swept the eastern portion of the facility, closing down on of the worms nesting tunnels. Mallika, Timothea, and Osiris took the western route, hacking the terminal and Mallika closing two tunnel entrances.
For all of us, it was a running gun fight. I don't think any left the mission site without getting double digits in kills. It's honestly a miracle that everyone made it out alive. The worms are well entrenched and it's clearly going to take awhile before our forces can eradicated them.
The facility was like a block of Swiss cheese when we arrived. Those worms had tunneled through every surface and destroyed most of the technical equipment. I feel it was the right call to have Osiris back up Mallika and Timothea. I tasked Mallika with team two and the technical aspect of the mission and she delivered, despite the damaged equipment. But every step of the way was bogged down by those worms. They kept pouring out of the ducts, the floors, the walls. It was truly the stuff of nightmares.
I'm also pleased that some extra time at the firing range has benefited Timothea. He was able to keep pace with Osiris this time.
Otherwise this operation went by the book. We split the group in half so we could efficiently hit our mission parameters and rendezvous for pick up. I took the colonials and swept the eastern portion of the facility, closing down on of the worms nesting tunnels. Mallika, Timothea, and Osiris took the western route, hacking the terminal and Mallika closing two tunnel entrances.
For all of us, it was a running gun fight. I don't think any left the mission site without getting double digits in kills. It's honestly a miracle that everyone made it out alive. The worms are well entrenched and it's clearly going to take awhile before our forces can eradicated them.
Private Zaahir Mallika
Sergeant Cali placed me in charge of team two. At least I can say it wasn't intel's fault this time none of our access codes worked. Those strangle worms had chewed through everything. I had to reroute not only the power, but the several of the server lines just to access the mainframe to download the mission data. That's also not factoring in the other equipment I had to splice together just to make a working interface.
Thankfully Timothea and Osiris had my back and kept the worms off me while I did my work. The last leg of the mission to the rendezvous was less smooth as once we got the the final room. There were two tunnel locations almost side by side and while I closed the first one no trouble, I couldn't get to the second one before more worms spilled out.
I do have to say though, I'm proud to count myself amongst the members of the Red Snakes. I don't think any other group would have been able to go in there and come out with no casualties. I can tell Cali has been around and knows her stuff.
Thankfully Timothea and Osiris had my back and kept the worms off me while I did my work. The last leg of the mission to the rendezvous was less smooth as once we got the the final room. There were two tunnel locations almost side by side and while I closed the first one no trouble, I couldn't get to the second one before more worms spilled out.
I do have to say though, I'm proud to count myself amongst the members of the Red Snakes. I don't think any other group would have been able to go in there and come out with no casualties. I can tell Cali has been around and knows her stuff.
Private Muslima Timothea
That was quite the experience! And the size of those things! I'm glad Sergeant Cali gave me some good tips at the range the other day! It was nice working with Osiris again. Those guys are the real deal! Though it sounds like the colonialists did a great job working with Cali.
I have to say that this posting is far more active than my previous posting. Life on the fringe is far more fast paced than the comfortable conditions of the core worlds. You don't see giant space worms on the rampage back home.
I have to say I'm very impressed with Mallika. She was able to coble together a working terminal from spare parts and wire splicing! And all while surrounded by these giant worms! She is one cool customer, that's for sure.
I do have to wonder if every mission is going to be like this? Constantly flowing swarms of angry space bugs and dodgy facilities. I guess we go where we are needed eh? The guys back home are not going to believe the things I've seen!
I have to say that this posting is far more active than my previous posting. Life on the fringe is far more fast paced than the comfortable conditions of the core worlds. You don't see giant space worms on the rampage back home.
I have to say I'm very impressed with Mallika. She was able to coble together a working terminal from spare parts and wire splicing! And all while surrounded by these giant worms! She is one cool customer, that's for sure.
I do have to wonder if every mission is going to be like this? Constantly flowing swarms of angry space bugs and dodgy facilities. I guess we go where we are needed eh? The guys back home are not going to believe the things I've seen!

