Mission Briefing
Location: Monash VI - Research Facility D-129
Threat Level: Low (Priority Level 1)
Assigned Assets: Red Snakes Squad Cali, Fire Team Osiris, Scientific Survey Team Jensen
Objectives: Retrieve Package, Hack Terminal, Activate Beacon
Overview: Unity Intel has identified the origin point of a recent breach resulting in the release of biological contacts into the wild. Assigned assets are to secure research material from lock-up and research data from facility databanks. Following acquisition, activate facility beacon for orbital targeting to neutralize facility. Additionally, Scientific Survey Team has been added secure additional intel. Biological Test Subjects have been marked as classified. If encountered, neutralize.
After Action Reports
Sergeant Dinesh Cali
I'm not a fan of going in blind to what the threat is in an operation site. But orders are orders and I have to commend the team for as smooth of an operation as this was.
We initially detected four blips on our scanners. All of them in the direction we needed to go. I ordered Fire Team Osiris to take point and lead us out from the loading area we deployed from. It didn't take long to figure out what the "Biological Test Subjects" were when a pack of Razor Lizards came charging down the hall at us.
I know Private Mallika has only recently been assigned to my unit, and according to her file she comes from a non-combat back-ground, but she handles a combat rifle better than some seasoned vets I've worked with. She was mopping up stragglers that Osiris didn't get.
Knowing what we were dealing with, we were able to make a solid push into the facility. Everything was going smoothly until we entered the bio-lab area containing the beacon. The damned lizards had turned the place into a nest and it was swarming with them. Private Timothea figures there was at least of dozen of these beasts. Thankfully we were a disciplined group and used controlled fire to keep them at bay.
With the nest was cleared out, a small group of them were drawn in by the sound of combat and we put them down as well. After that our scopes were clear so I ordered everyone to get to their assigned jobs. Mallika went for the terminal over in the computer core, Timothea retrieved the package, and the egg heads went to do their thing. Osiris secured our exfiltration point while I took the beacon.
Another blip popped up while all the teams were completing their assigned tasks. I checked in and once everyone signaled their had completed their tasks I activated the beacon and called for evac.
There was something satisfying about watching the facility go up in fire when the orbital blast from Stalwart Intruder's main guns hit their mark. Can't say I'll miss the place.
I'd like to put Mallika forward for commendation. As I said earlier in my report, you'd never know she was from the non-combatant branch of Unity the way she handles a rifle. Nothing stood in her way on this mission. Timothea, on the other hand, is going to join me at the firing range. He couldn't hit the broadside of a barn during this operation. I expect better.
Private Zaahir Mallika
It's been a while since I've been in the field. I'm honored that the sergeant has recommended a commendation for me. I think some people underestimate my ability with a rifle since I come from a non-combatant branch of Unity forces. But little do they know my father was a Major and taught me everything he knows. He's the reason I enlisted, but more so, why I work in the logistics branch. His unit was under supplied for an operation which resulted in the total loss of his unit. I've dedicated myself to not letting that happen to anyone else.
As far as this mission went, we were certainly well prepared. The sergeant had a little difficulty with the internal security systems, but that was due to the fact our codes were out dated. The system shut her out after the two failed attempts to login. It's a problem I had later in the mission completing my hack of the database to download the records. Intel's codes were old and I had to by-pass the system to get in. I was able to retrieve all the necessary files.
I think poor Timothea was a little shocked at seeing some real action. You don't often see anything dangerous being posted in core world mega-cities. He's a good man, but he's going to need to get up to speed quickly if he's going to survive this posting.
Private Muslima Timothea
Well that certainly was different from my other postings. Those little beasties are somethin' else! Going to have to brush up on my moving target practice!
Seems everything went to plan though. Sarge had everything under control. She must be some kinda legend to be able to coordinate all those fire teams while larger lizards with razorblades are scooting about. Glad to be on her team!
For my part, getting the package was no trouble. Case was a little hefty, but nothing I haven't had to lift before. Sarge and the boys in Osiris made sure the path was clear headin' to the evac site. Was like walkin' in a hab-park. Can't wait to see what our next mission is like!

